Be Joyful

Rejoice in the Lord always. Again I will say, rejoice! Let your gentleness be known to all men. The Lord is at hand. Be anxious for nothing, but in EVERYTHING by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the PEACE OF GOD, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:4-7

These are verses I memorized years ago and they are written on my heart. There are times when I still need to remember not to be anxious, but I eventually listen to my heart saying these verses. I didn't really understand what the "peace of God" was until I experienced it. It's having peace inside you, even when you're going through heartbreaking situations and trials. It does "surpass ALL understanding" and you know it comes from GOD alone. Praise the Lord for His wonderful promises!


I love, love, love what I do. I am passionate about the things I create and the talents God has placed in me. I SO appreciate the time you take to look at my things and the comments you all leave me!

Blessings to you!

Kathy

Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Ice Cream...You Scream!!

Hi Everyone!

Hope you are having a good week! It's a perfect time for some ice cream...of course it always is with me! It's time for another challenge at Elphine House Australia, this one is called "I Scream - You Scream - We All Scream For Ice Cream". All you need to do is incorporate ice cream on your card using ANY Elisabeth Bell stamp or image.

There are some awesome examples for you on the EHA Blog which you can find here. Doesn't our design team do a fabulous job? Here's my sample for the challenge using Elisabeth's "Puppy Tails & Ice Cream" stamp from Elphine House Australia.



It's such a cute image, but what image isn't that's done by Elisabeth Bell!

I used Michaels $1.00 stamps for the ice cream cone and banner and cut pieced them. The papers are from K & Co. Hopscotch Pack, confetti Cream from Stampin Up, natural white from Neenah for the image, and tan scraps for the cones. I stamped the image with black Versafine ink and colored it with my Prismacolor pencils and mineral spirits as usual.

Make sure to check out the EHA Challenge and get your creation in!

Blessings!

Kathy

1 comment:

  1. so cute! Beautiful coloring and I really like all the special details you put into this card...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for blessing me with your sweet comments!