Be Joyful

Rejoice in the Lord always. Again I will say, rejoice! Let your gentleness be known to all men. The Lord is at hand. Be anxious for nothing, but in EVERYTHING by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the PEACE OF GOD, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:4-7

These are verses I memorized years ago and they are written on my heart. There are times when I still need to remember not to be anxious, but I eventually listen to my heart saying these verses. I didn't really understand what the "peace of God" was until I experienced it. It's having peace inside you, even when you're going through heartbreaking situations and trials. It does "surpass ALL understanding" and you know it comes from GOD alone. Praise the Lord for His wonderful promises!


I love, love, love what I do. I am passionate about the things I create and the talents God has placed in me. I SO appreciate the time you take to look at my things and the comments you all leave me!

Blessings to you!

Kathy

Thursday, October 13, 2011

Union Square Birthday

Hi Everyone!

I bought this new Union Square paper Tuesday from Recollections. I love the old fashion look of it and the color combo of red, black, and beige. Even though this has a flower on it, I think it would be a nice masculine card.





It's very strange to make cards without coloring, I feel like I'm missing a step! They seem too "easy" to complete!

Stamps are sincere salutation from Stampin Up and Simple Thoughts from Cloud 9. The papers used, other than Union Square, are black and naturals ivory from Stampin Up and ruby slipper from Bazzills. For ink, I used black from Versafine for the images and for sponging around the pattern papers. For accessories, labels one and fancy tags from Spellbinders, velvet flower (offray), large label, scallop border punches (SU), adhesive pearls, sponge, and chenille and pearl cotton fibers.

That's it for now! Thanks for looking!

Blessings!

Kathy

3 comments:

  1. It's just beautiful! Love the color combination and all of the layers! Nice work! Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You make fantastic cards whether you are coloring or not. I like that you finished the inside to match...Nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. very pretty card Kathy-great dsp-both the bg and the striped-like the layout as well

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for blessing me with your sweet comments!