Be Joyful

Rejoice in the Lord always. Again I will say, rejoice! Let your gentleness be known to all men. The Lord is at hand. Be anxious for nothing, but in EVERYTHING by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the PEACE OF GOD, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:4-7

These are verses I memorized years ago and they are written on my heart. There are times when I still need to remember not to be anxious, but I eventually listen to my heart saying these verses. I didn't really understand what the "peace of God" was until I experienced it. It's having peace inside you, even when you're going through heartbreaking situations and trials. It does "surpass ALL understanding" and you know it comes from GOD alone. Praise the Lord for His wonderful promises!


I love, love, love what I do. I am passionate about the things I create and the talents God has placed in me. I SO appreciate the time you take to look at my things and the comments you all leave me!

Blessings to you!

Kathy

Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Elphine House Australia Challenge

Hi there!

It's time for another challenge at Elphine House Australia! This time we have an inspiration challenge using this picture. There's lots of things to inspire you on this!



You can find the Challenge here on EHA's Blog. You have 2 weeks to post your creation. You can use ANY Elisabeth Bell stamp or digi image, it doesn't have to be from EHA. The winner will be randomly selected and will receive 2 stamps of their choice!

Here is my sample for the challenge.



I love this "Daisy Hugging Dolly" stamp, and I decided to use here for this. I did a "masking" technique for the house and trees to appear in the background. If you're not familiar with this, there's a tutorial on Split Coast Stampers for it here.

I colored this with my Prismacolor pencils and mineral spirits.

For the ingredients used:
Stamps: "Daisy Hugging Dolly" (Elphine House Australia), Boards & Beams (Papertry Ink), Plant Hope (SU)
Paper: Solar white (Neenah), Ancestry DP (K&Co)
Ink: Black (VersaFine)
Accessories: Buttons, linen thread, Labels 8 Dies (Spellbinders), Organic Fourish embossing folder (Cuttlebug)

Hope to see you join in on the Challenge!

Blessings!

Kathy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for blessing me with your sweet comments!