Be Joyful

Rejoice in the Lord always. Again I will say, rejoice! Let your gentleness be known to all men. The Lord is at hand. Be anxious for nothing, but in EVERYTHING by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the PEACE OF GOD, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:4-7

These are verses I memorized years ago and they are written on my heart. There are times when I still need to remember not to be anxious, but I eventually listen to my heart saying these verses. I didn't really understand what the "peace of God" was until I experienced it. It's having peace inside you, even when you're going through heartbreaking situations and trials. It does "surpass ALL understanding" and you know it comes from GOD alone. Praise the Lord for His wonderful promises!


I love, love, love what I do. I am passionate about the things I create and the talents God has placed in me. I SO appreciate the time you take to look at my things and the comments you all leave me!

Blessings to you!

Kathy

Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Sweet Love - Elphine House Australia Heart Challenge

Hi there!

It's time for a new challenge at Elphine House Australia!  This time the challenge is to use hearts on your card or project!  Easy one for this time of the year!  You can use any Elisabeth Bell Design to join in.  The winner will be chosen randomly, and will receive 2 stamps of their choice from EHA. 

This is my sample for the challenge:


Can you tell I love pinks and greens?  Can you tell I love Daisy?  She's so sweet!  This is new paper I bought from DCWV called The Preppy Princess Stack.  It had some really pretty pink roses in it, so I just HAD to get it...of course it was on sale at Michael's!

********************************************************************

I'm also entering this in the Stampin' Sister in Christ Challenge #125:

Create a card/project that shows love. It could be a heart, or the word love. My extra-bonus challenge is: give your card to someone who might need to be reminded that they are LOVED.

The Bible Verse for the challenge is:

John 3:16 “For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life..."
 
What a beautiful verse that show the ultimate gift of love given to us by Jesus.
 
********************************************************
 
For ingredients:
 
Stamps: Daisy Hugging Dolly
Paper: The Preppy Princess Stack (DCWV), Old Olive (SU), Solar White (Neenah)
Ink: Certainly Celery (SU), Onyx Black (Versafine)
Accessories: Liquid pearls white opal & petal pink, Labels 18 (Spellbinders), buttons, flower (Recollections), adhesive pearls (Recl. & K&Co), old olive marker (SU), medium branch punch & rose leaf punch (Martha Stewart), sponge, heart punch (EKS), Prismacolor pencils, mineral spirits.
 
 
I hope to see you join in on the challenges!
 
Blessings!
 
Kathy
 

7 comments:

  1. Hi Kathy! This card is just stunning, and I'd like to invite you to link it up at Word Art Wednesday. Our challenges start fresh every Wednesday, and we also have a great blog starting February 9-13 and would SO ENJOY having you with us. There are several great prizes up for grabs and we really hope you will jin is all the fun.
    Blessings.
    Karen
    www.karen-mycuprunnethover.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great card Kathy ;o)
    Love the colors you used .. so sweet

    ReplyDelete
  3. so pretty Kathy! Lovely coloring...cool butterfly creating!

    ReplyDelete
  4. She is so precious. Your soft colors and the flowers are beautiful. Fantastic coloring.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You've surely captured the love in your heart with this sweet image colored so beautifully!! Love your little butterfly embellishment, too! Thanks so much for joining us this week at Stampin' Sisters in Christ!! Wishing you a blessed week!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kathy, your card is so soft and precious!! Love the hearts! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful! I'm a big fan of Pinks and Greens too.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for blessing me with your sweet comments!