Be Joyful

Rejoice in the Lord always. Again I will say, rejoice! Let your gentleness be known to all men. The Lord is at hand. Be anxious for nothing, but in EVERYTHING by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the PEACE OF GOD, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:4-7

These are verses I memorized years ago and they are written on my heart. There are times when I still need to remember not to be anxious, but I eventually listen to my heart saying these verses. I didn't really understand what the "peace of God" was until I experienced it. It's having peace inside you, even when you're going through heartbreaking situations and trials. It does "surpass ALL understanding" and you know it comes from GOD alone. Praise the Lord for His wonderful promises!


I love, love, love what I do. I am passionate about the things I create and the talents God has placed in me. I SO appreciate the time you take to look at my things and the comments you all leave me!

Blessings to you!

Kathy

Saturday, March 24, 2012

Our Daily Bread Designs Shining the Light Challenge - ODBDSLC101 - Silk or Faux Silk

Happy Saturday everyone!

It's time for another challenge at Our Daily Bread Designs!

This week's challenge:

Today marks the third March Anniversary challenge at Our Daily Bread Designs. . One of the traditional gifts is silk for the fourth anniversary. This week's challenge is to use silk or faux silk on your creation with your Our Daily Bread Designs stamps. Angie has created a wonderful tutorial here for the faux silk technique.


To make the challenge even more fun, we will be giving out a prize, a $15 gift certificate to be used toward stamps at the Our Daily Bread Designs store!! Entries for the prize must be submitted by Friday, March 30th at 8 a.m. EST. One random winner will be chosen and announced next Saturday.

While it is not required to use Our Daily Bread Designs images and sentiments on most of our challenges, this month it is an Our Daily Bread Designs only challenge month in honore of the ODBD 4th Anniversary. Three or more of our participants will be chosen for the Shining the Light Award .In order to qualify for this award or join the challenge, however, you must use Our Daily Bread stamps and have your submission added to Mr. Linky by Friday, March 30th at 8 a.m. EST. If you upload your creations to Splitcoast Stampers or any other online gallery, please use the keyword is ODBDSLC101. When creating your posts on blogs please include a link to the challenge.
Now for my take on the challenge:


For this card, I used the Scripture Series 2 Stamp Set from ODBD using 1 Timothy 6:17, "God richly gives us everything to enjoy."  Beautiful verse, beautifully designed with the fonts.
Instead of doing Angie's faux silk technique, I decided to use this luscious silk ribbon from Really Reasonable Ribbon, this ribbon is gorgeous and rich!  I did 2 other challenges with this, SC377 Sketch Challenge and F4A108 Monochromatic Challenge borth at Split Coast Stampers.
For some reason, I struggled this week with this challenge and finally gave up and asked God to HELP me!  I promised Him I would give Him ALL the Glory!  So here you have it, this is what He came up with!!!  Thank you Lord!!!  :-D
For all ingredients used:
Paper: BM - Hermit, Iced Cocoa (Core'dinations), Ancestry Designer Paper 12x12 & Mat Pad (K & Co)
Ink: Onyx Black (VersaFine), Amaretto (Powder Puffs - for sponging edges)
Accessories: Silk ribbon (Really Reasonable Ribbon), Adhesive Pearls (Recollections), flower (RAK from Sabrina), head pin/pearls/beads (Michaels), sponge, Classic Scalloped Ovals Large #5, Floral Ovals #3, Elegance M-Bossibilities (Spellbinders).
For more inspiration for the challenge, please visit the other design team members and see their gorgeous creations.
That's it for now!  Hope to see you join in on the ODBDSLC101 Challenge this week!
********************************************************************
On another note....If you like my creations, please see my sidebar for a contest I'm currently in!  You can also read more about it in my March 21st post here.  Thank you so much!
********************************************************************
Blessings!
Kathy

15 comments:

  1. Oh how gorgeous Kathy!! Rich and elegant!! I just love that floral oval die!! Stunning framing of the verse and sheer beauty in colors and design!!
    hugs,
    Chris
    Have a great weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kathy, this is GORGEOUS! Such rich beautiful colors! Hope you have a beautiful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my, this is absoloutely gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kathy this is so rich and elegant. Beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so beautiful, I like the layout and ALL the wonderful details on this card.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty! Love the use of the rich colors and those dies! Fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. what a gorgeous and elegant card, kathy!! hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Kathy...Your card is soooo Elegant!! I love the verse...and your card is so rich looking just like the verse says!! Awesome Hun!! Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so, so, so pretty, Kathy. . .like caramel, it's just luscious. . the colors, the sketch, the embellishments!!Outstanding

    ReplyDelete
  10. I was so blessed by your Philippians 4 scripture passage as I entered your blog .... those are my life-verses!!

    Not only did I love your beautiful card, but was so pleased to read that you had given God the glory for His help and inspiration in the design! I'm becoming more and more aware of His input in the cards I make ... especially RAK cards! Also, I'm learning not to get upset when I flub up as I'm making a card .... I'm learning that He will show me how to recover from that mistake. He will show me a creative way to design around what I thought was a flub. What a wonderful Savior and best Friend we have who is interested in EVERYTHING that we do!

    ReplyDelete
  11. GASP....Kathy, girl, this is beyond words gorgeos!! The colors...amazing and the fabulous design....LOVE it! Hugs and blessings, Sabrina

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is a gorgeous card! The amount of embellishment is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  13. kathy: this card is absoultely gorgeous! I would so love to know where you got the sweet stick pin you used. If you get a chance, could you please swing by my blog and let me know where I can get these gorgeous pins. Thanks for sharing your beautiful work.
    Blessings,
    Karen L
    karen-mycuprunnethover.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Absolutely gorgeous! I love how this came out!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is stunning. I really like the color as well as the beautiful design of the ovals. It is definitely a WOW.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for blessing me with your sweet comments!