Be Joyful

Rejoice in the Lord always. Again I will say, rejoice! Let your gentleness be known to all men. The Lord is at hand. Be anxious for nothing, but in EVERYTHING by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the PEACE OF GOD, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:4-7

These are verses I memorized years ago and they are written on my heart. There are times when I still need to remember not to be anxious, but I eventually listen to my heart saying these verses. I didn't really understand what the "peace of God" was until I experienced it. It's having peace inside you, even when you're going through heartbreaking situations and trials. It does "surpass ALL understanding" and you know it comes from GOD alone. Praise the Lord for His wonderful promises!


I love, love, love what I do. I am passionate about the things I create and the talents God has placed in me. I SO appreciate the time you take to look at my things and the comments you all leave me!

Blessings to you!

Kathy

Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Sketch Challenge - Elphine House Australia

Hi there!

It's time for a new challenge at Elphine House Australia!  This time we have a sketch challenge using one designed by the talented EHA Designer Janneke!






For the challenge, use ANY Elisabeth Bell Design in order to qualify to win any 2 stamps of your choice from Elphine House Australia.

Here's my take on the challange...I'm not the best with sketches...lol!



This image is a brand new Elisabeth Bell stamp from EHA that I just received from them a couple of days ago!  She's called "Fairy Faye Making a Wish"...so cute!  I colored her with Prismacolor Pencils and mineral spirits and used Diamond Stickles on her wings and popped them up with pop dots.  The beautiful papers I used are mostly from Prima's Nature Garden Collection.

For all ingredients used:

Stamps: Fairy Faye Making a Wish (EHA)
Paper: Nature Garden (Prima), Little Black Dress (Basic Grey), Solar White (Neenah), Always Artichoke (SU), Mocha Devine (Bazzills)
Ink: Onyx Black (VersaFine), Vintage Photo Distress Ink (Ranger), Wheat & Spanish Olive (VersaMagic)
Accessories: Flower (Recollections), Adhesive Pearls (Want-2-Scrap), Amana Circle Die (Memory Box), Large Petite Scallops, Fleur de Lis Squares (Spellbinders), Diamond Stickles, White Opal Liquid Pearls (Ranger), Prismacolor Pencils, mineral spirits

That's it for today!  Hope you can join in the challenge!

Blessings!

Kathy

5 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card Kathy! Turned out great and you are good with sketches!! Hugs and blessings my friend!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my what a lovely card sweetie ;o)
    That image is sooooo cute ...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kathy she is simply darling. Beautiful warm colors and awesome job with the sketch.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is just lovely, and you did a great job with the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is just gorgeous. I love everything about it. Hugz, Janice

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for blessing me with your sweet comments!