Be Joyful

Rejoice in the Lord always. Again I will say, rejoice! Let your gentleness be known to all men. The Lord is at hand. Be anxious for nothing, but in EVERYTHING by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the PEACE OF GOD, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:4-7

These are verses I memorized years ago and they are written on my heart. There are times when I still need to remember not to be anxious, but I eventually listen to my heart saying these verses. I didn't really understand what the "peace of God" was until I experienced it. It's having peace inside you, even when you're going through heartbreaking situations and trials. It does "surpass ALL understanding" and you know it comes from GOD alone. Praise the Lord for His wonderful promises!


I love, love, love what I do. I am passionate about the things I create and the talents God has placed in me. I SO appreciate the time you take to look at my things and the comments you all leave me!

Blessings to you!

Kathy

Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Heartfelt Creations - Holiday Mail

Happy Wednesday!

Today I have a Christmas card to show you using the new Ornamental Light Collection! 







The mailbox image is from the Holiday Mail Set and the sentiment is from the Yuletide Sentiments Set.  I added poinsettia flowers using the Petite Poinsettia set and matching dies. Everything is colored with Prismacolor Pencils and mineral spirits...my favorite thing to do!  I used the colors in the new designer papers for my color palette.  I didn't use the designer paper on the card, but it matches altered items made with it as a gift beautifully!  The bird and mailbox on the image match the dies from the Garden Romance Dies which I think is really neat, only I forgot that I wanted to die cut the bird to pop it out!

I finally purchased the Romantic Rectangles Dies that I've been wanting since I saw them!  These are so beautiful all by themselves!

There is lots of gorgeous inspiration on the Heartfelt Creations Blog from the designers!  Please stop by and have a look!

I'm submitting this to the latest Word Art Wednesday Challenge #42.

Blessings!

Kathy


Holiday Mail

Heartfelt Creations Products & Products Carried by HC:
HCPC 3490 – Holiday Mail PreCut Set
HCPC 3493 – Yuletide Sentiments PreCut Set
HCPC 3415-1 – Petite Poinsettia PreCut Set
Product ID: 125156 – Layered Poinsettia Shapeabilities
Product ID:159223 - Paper Blossoms Molding Mat
Product ID:459222 - Paper Blossoms Tool Kit

Other Products Used:
Paper: Solar White (Neenah),  blue (Recollections), Capers (Bazzills)
Ink: Onyx Black (VersaFine), Midnight Confession (Powder Puffs)
Accessories:  Romantic Rectangles (Spellbinders), adhesive pearls (Want-2-Scrap),  lace trim (Rak), Bow-Easy, white gel pen, pop dots, glue dots, mineral spirits, Prismacolor Pencils: Kelp Green, Periwinkle, Black, Cool Greys, Metallic Silver

Instructions:
Base: Cut blue cardstock 6 1/4” x 8 1/2", score at 4 1/4", and fold.

Image: Stamp sentiment (Yuletide Sentiments) and mailbox with bird (Holiday Mail) on Solar White cardstock with Onyx Black Ink as shown.  (Make sure to place together so they fit in the Romantic Rectangle die.)  Die cut with larges die and color with pencils or as desired.  Add to the base with pop dots.
Embellishments: On Solar White with Onyx Black, stamp 3 extra small and 1 small flower, then color.  On Capers cardstock with Onyx Black, stamp 1 small and 1 medium flower.  Die cut all flowers, ink edges, and shape with Molding Mat and Tool Kit as desired.  Glue together as shown with glue dots and add white pearl to centers.  Make bow with Bow-Easy using lace trim or ribbon.    Add all as shown and 3 white pearls below sentiment.

14 comments:

  1. Kathy, this is such a gorgeous card! I love the blue and white. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just absolutely beautiful!! That die cut rectangle is awesome... Ive added to my wish list now. :o))

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card Kathy!! Hugs and blessings!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. absolutely love this beautiful card!!! Your so inspirational!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful card! I especially like the way that 3D flower makes your mailbox image pop!
    (Shoregirl - Guest Designer at Word Art Wednesday for the month of August)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card, Kathy! Thanks for sharing it at Word Art Wednesdsay Challenge #42. I'm going to have to stop over and take a peek. I'm intrigued!
    Have a blessed week,
    Karen
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kathy, this is beautiful!!! Love the soft color pallette you choose. It goes so well with the image and delicateness of the sentiment. Thanks for sharing it with us at Word Art Wednesday.

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOWZER!! This is so elegant!! I love it!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Truly love your card! the mailbox image is awesome!

    Thanks so much for playing with us @ Word Art Wednesday!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, stunning card! Love everything about it.

    Thanks so much for sharing your art with us on WAW.

    Have a blessed day!

    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is so elegant and soft Kathy!! I just love everything about it!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful, this is a sweet image and your coloring is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for blessing me with your sweet comments!