Be Joyful

Rejoice in the Lord always. Again I will say, rejoice! Let your gentleness be known to all men. The Lord is at hand. Be anxious for nothing, but in EVERYTHING by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the PEACE OF GOD, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:4-7

These are verses I memorized years ago and they are written on my heart. There are times when I still need to remember not to be anxious, but I eventually listen to my heart saying these verses. I didn't really understand what the "peace of God" was until I experienced it. It's having peace inside you, even when you're going through heartbreaking situations and trials. It does "surpass ALL understanding" and you know it comes from GOD alone. Praise the Lord for His wonderful promises!


I love, love, love what I do. I am passionate about the things I create and the talents God has placed in me. I SO appreciate the time you take to look at my things and the comments you all leave me!

Blessings to you!

Kathy

Tuesday, October 30, 2012

ODBDSLC128 - One For the Men

Happy Tuesday!

It's time for a new Shining the Light Challenge at Our Daily Bread Designs!  This week's Challenge is:

Make One For the Men
 
 
I don't know about you, but masculine cards aren't all that easy to make for me!  They always look like they're missing something and you have to be careful what you put on them!  Here's my sample for the challenge:
 
 

For my card, I used "The Light of Life" stamp set:




I think this lantern image makes a nice masculine card.  I also used the Weekend Market Designer Papers from Bo Bunny for the deep, dark colors appropriate for a man.

Card recipe:

Stamps: The Light of Life (Our Daily Bread Designs)
Papers: Weekend Market (Bo Bunny), Mocha Devine (Bazzills)
Ink: Soft Suede (Stampin' Up!), Vintage Photo Distress (Ranger)
Accessories: Ribbon (Michaels), fiber (stash), Labels 18 & 23 (Spellbinders), Branch with Leaves Die (Sizzix), stylus, button (extra from clothing),  Prismacolor Pencils: Moss Green, Chocolate, Indigo Blue, Black, Espresso, Goldenrod, Yellow Ochre, Burnt Ochre

The sketch I used is from the Split Coast Stamper's Sketch Challenge from last year, SC346.

For more inspiration for the challenge this week, please visit the other designers:
  • 

    I'm submitting this to the  latest Word Art Wednesday Challenge #51.  You can use Scripture or uplifting sentiments.  The Verse this week is Matthew 6:21 "For where you treasure is, there you heart will be also."  Funny, this week in Bible Study I'm studying Matthew Chapters 6 & 7, very familiar verse and one that I love!

    I hope you can join in the challenge this week!  Hope all those on the East Coast are keeping safe!

    Blessings!

    Kathy



    

    8 comments:

    1. Wow Kathy!! This is exquisite!! I just love your shading, your coloring of the image, and the blue, brown, and green color combo! It is masculine but yet has a very elegant flair. Gorgeous!
      Have a great day!!
      hugs,
      Chris

      ReplyDelete
    2. Kathy,
      This is a beautiful card. I am inspired to create a few masculine coasters this week. Thank you! ~Cynthia

      ReplyDelete
    3. Amazing Kathy! I love the rich tones you selected and your magnificent coloring! It seems like it has the glow a real lantern would have! So fun, masculine and amazing! Beautifully done my friend! Thank you for blessing me with you talent today! Hugs and blessings...

      Lori

      ReplyDelete
    4. This is a wonderful stamp set, and an AWESOME card. My husband asks me from time to time if I have a guy's Birthday card, and I will ASSURE you, I don't have anything this cool looking! Thanks for sharing this in our challenge, Kathy. I'm blessed EVERY time I stop by your blog, and am SO grateful for your participation and your sharing the gorgeous cards you make.
      Blessings to you,
      Karen L
      Word Art Wednesday
      P.S. Wait until you see some of the sponsors we've got for 2013. God is SO GOOD, and has blesed us beyond our wildest dreams.

      ReplyDelete
    5. I think someone else may have been signed on to my computer earlier. Sorry if my comment had someone else's name to it! We always have our kids, their friends and plenty of visitors jumping onto our laptops in the living room. LOL
      Hope you're having a very blessed week!
      Karen

      ReplyDelete
    6. This is soooo pretty Kathy! I love the rich warm tones... the layout, the dies you used, the touch of leaves popping out... well.... I love it all!!!
      Great masculine card!!!

      ReplyDelete
    7. Oh Wow!! My mouth is drooling over this beauty!! its wow!! love all your elements!!
      Blessings & Hugs

      ReplyDelete
    8. super fantastic masculine, kathy!! as always you have the most amazing details!! hugs!!

      ReplyDelete

    Thank you for blessing me with your sweet comments!