Be Joyful

Rejoice in the Lord always. Again I will say, rejoice! Let your gentleness be known to all men. The Lord is at hand. Be anxious for nothing, but in EVERYTHING by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the PEACE OF GOD, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:4-7

These are verses I memorized years ago and they are written on my heart. There are times when I still need to remember not to be anxious, but I eventually listen to my heart saying these verses. I didn't really understand what the "peace of God" was until I experienced it. It's having peace inside you, even when you're going through heartbreaking situations and trials. It does "surpass ALL understanding" and you know it comes from GOD alone. Praise the Lord for His wonderful promises!


I love, love, love what I do. I am passionate about the things I create and the talents God has placed in me. I SO appreciate the time you take to look at my things and the comments you all leave me!

Blessings to you!

Kathy

Tuesday, January 22, 2013

ODBDSLC139 - For a Child

Happy Tuesday everyone!

It's time for a new Shining the Light Challenge!

This week's challenge is:
For a Child: Make a card or project for a child or new baby.

To make the challenge even more fun, we will be giving out a prize, a $15 gift certificate to be used toward stamps at the Our Daily Bread Designs store!! Entries for the prize must be submitted by Sunday, January 27th at 8 p.m. EST. One random winner will be chosen and announced next Saturday.

While it is not required to use Our Daily Bread Designs images and sentiments on your creations, we would love to see them if you have them. As a way of recognizing those who do use Our Daily Bread Designs stamps, we will again be choosing three or more of our participants for the Shining the Light Award . In order to qualify for this award or join the challenge, however, you must use Our Daily Breadstamps and have your submission added to Mr. Linky by Sunday, January 27th at 8 p.m. EST. If you upload your creations to Splitcoast Stampers or any otheronline gallery, please use the keyword is ODBDSLC139. When creating your posts on blogs please include a link to the challenge.

Here is my take on the challenge this week...
 

 


This sweet image is from the new Little Girls Set released this month.  I love the vintage silhouette image on this and the beautiful font of the sentiments! Here is a picture of the set where you can see all the other sentiments that it has with it:





This is a very simple card.  I just stamped the image with Victorian Velvet Ink, then the two sentiments over it with black ink.  Then I just diecut it with Decorative Labels One Die, inked the edges a little, and popped it up on the card.  The card is 4 1/4" square that I added an embossed mat, lace, ribbon, pearls, and a button to.

Card recipe:

Stamp: Little Girls (Our Daily Bread Designs)
Ink: Victorian Velvet Distress Ink, Onyx Black (VersaMark)
Paper: Natural White (Neenah), Blushing Bride
Accessories: Rose Petal Seam Binding (Really Reasonable Ribbon), lace (Jo-Ann's), adhesive pearls, Paper Lace II Embossing Folder (Cuttlebug, Labels One, Decorative Labels One Dies (Spellbinders), sponge, button

I'm submitting this to the following:

Word Art Wednesday Challengne #63 - Anything Goes.
Really Reasonable Ribbon Challenge #64 - Valentine's Day/Love & Ribbon.


For more inspiration, please visit my design teammates to see their gorgeous creations!








Thank you for stopping by!  I hope you enjoyed this sweet little card!

Blessings!

Kathy

10 comments:

  1. Oh how soft and beautiful Kathy!! I just love all the pink with the white lace, the elegant dies, the pearls and the silhouette!! Gorgeous card!!
    hugs,
    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just darling, Kathy...perfect for a sweet little girl! LOVE that piece of lace and the pearls add a touch of elegance! Gorgeous, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The silhouetted looks so pretty in pink, and makes this such a sweet girlie card. And the combination of that amazing lace and the seam binding with the decorative frame is just so perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow...what a sweet and very pretty card Kathy!! I love this set...can hardly wait for the mailman to deliver....You card oozes the beauty & love you put into it!!
    Awesome & hugs

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is just so soft and sweet, Kathy. You can just feel the love you put into making this lovely card, and someone will certainly be blessed to receive it! What a darling darling creation! And, those bows - I'm telling you, I need to get that peg bow maker. I really do! Your bows are always just the perfect touch.
    Thanks for sharing with us, kathy. What a blessing it is every single time I see your sweet creations shared with us. I'm SO grateful!
    Karen
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kathy, It mat be simple but had you not told we would have thought you even more talented. It is a beautiful card.
    Thank you for joining us at Word Art Wednesday.
    Carole Robb Bisson
    The Blessing of the LORD be Upon You!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kathy, this is so precious! Love the colors, the lace, the little details from the pearls to the buttons and the pink edges of the die cut are the perfect finishing touch. Another beauty!! Blessings and hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Kathy, Oh where to begin on this beauty!! It's so soft and delicate and I just love that you stamped the image in Pink (wish I'd have thought of that :)!!! So precious and so beautiful.
    Hugs,
    Audrey

    ReplyDelete
  9. So beautiful! I love the bow and the flower button is perfection.

    ReplyDelete
  10. sooo lovely so glad u joined us at rrr and that I found your blog! cherry

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for blessing me with your sweet comments!