Be Joyful

Rejoice in the Lord always. Again I will say, rejoice! Let your gentleness be known to all men. The Lord is at hand. Be anxious for nothing, but in EVERYTHING by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the PEACE OF GOD, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:4-7

These are verses I memorized years ago and they are written on my heart. There are times when I still need to remember not to be anxious, but I eventually listen to my heart saying these verses. I didn't really understand what the "peace of God" was until I experienced it. It's having peace inside you, even when you're going through heartbreaking situations and trials. It does "surpass ALL understanding" and you know it comes from GOD alone. Praise the Lord for His wonderful promises!


I love, love, love what I do. I am passionate about the things I create and the talents God has placed in me. I SO appreciate the time you take to look at my things and the comments you all leave me!

Blessings to you!

Kathy

Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Heartfelt Creations - Butterfly Box & Cards Set

Happy Wednesday everyone!

***It's time to vote for the new Heartfelt Creations' Design Team!  If you like my creations for them, would you please visit their blog and vote for me?  I love working with their products and would LOVE to continue with them as a designer!  Thank you so much!

***************************

Now, for some inspiration from Heartfelt Creations!  This week I have a set of coordinating cards with a matching gift box.



(You can click on the photos for a closer look.)


Here's a close up of the top of the box.


Here is a picture of all the cards together with 2 of the 6 matching envelopes, 1 in burgandy colors and the rest in blues.



These are all made using the designer papers from the collection.  One has the sentiment stamped on it with a journal block, the rest are all made with sentiment blocks from the papers.  Really easy to put together a pretty set of matching cards for a special gift using these!  Here are pictures of the individual cards. 








Basic instructions for my project are at the end of this post.

For lots more inspiration, please visit the Heartfelt Creations Blog to see what the design team has created for you this week!

I'm submitting this to the flollowing challenges:

Word Art Wednesday Challenge #73 - Anything Goes
Tuesday Throwdown #140 - Something Dimensional - box

Thank you for stopping by today!  I hope this gives you a little inspiration!

Blessings!

Kathy


Butterfly Box & Cards Set

Heartfelt Creations Products & Products Carried by HC:
HCPC 3518 – Vintage Watering Can PreCut Set
HCD 729 – Decorative Blossom Die
HCDP1 231 – Posy Patch Paper Collection
Product ID: 159223 - Paper BlossomsMolding Mat
Product ID: 459222 - Paper BlossomsTool Kit
Product ID: 159723 – Art InstituteGlue – Dries Clear

Other Products Used:
Paper: Solar White, Natural White (Neenah), cream, light blue (Recollections), Pacific Rim, Purple Grandeaur (Coredinations)

Ink: Onyx Black (VersaFine)
Accessories: Various embossing folders, Buttercup Liquid Pearls (Ranger), Classic Ovals & Scalloped Ovals Large (Spellbinders), mineral spirits, Prismacolor Pencils: Slate Grey, Periwinkle, Kelp Green, Marine Green, Black Grape, Black

Instructions:
Box: Use A-2 Box Tutorial on Split Coast Stampers here with Natural White Cardstock.  (Note: Assemble cover after decorating.)   Stamp flower swirl on each of 4 sides of box and color.  Stamp Butterfly image and extra flowers on Solar White with Onyx Black Ink.  Fussy cut pieces.  Die cut Decorative Blossom largest die with Natural White twice.  Add to opposite corners of cover with glue.  Add butterfly and flowers as shown with pop dots.  Add liquid pearls to flower centers and as desired around image.

Cards:  Set of 6 - 5 1/2" x 4 1/4" sized cards were made using Natural White Cardstock as base and various embossing folders.  Use sentiment blocks from the Posy Patch Paper Collection and add mats as desired.  Envelopes were stamped on lower front and back flap with flower swirls and colored to match cards as desired.

 

18 comments:

  1. What a beautiful project!! Love it!! Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh My..This is one lovely set.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful!!!Love your creation,your butterfly and flowers are awesome...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kathy, your box alone is beautiful enough for a gift, but with the cards inside it makes a super one. Great idea and so beautifully done. Wonderful entry for WAW.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is gorgeous. Love the box you created and the beautiful cards. Thanks for sharing the instructions.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A.MAZ.ING! Love the use of the same colored die for the top of your box. What an outstanding gift for someone!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW, your box of cards is stunning! I'm inspired to make one! Thanks for joining the Tuesday Throwdown!
    Kim L. DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a wonderful set of cards! And that box is amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful set of cards and lovely box. I just love your elegant and simple style. Thanks for joining us this week at WAW.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What an amazing set, Kathy. WOW! I'm just sitting here with my jaw dropped! You just keep doing it, and I'm again left speechless.
    Thank you SO MUCH for sharing,
    Karen
    Word Art Wednesday
    P.S. We are SO BLESSED to have you Guest Design for us in April!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a stunning card set with the box! Everything looks so well made and stylish. Bravo! Thanks for joining us at Tuesday Throwdown!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your creations are all just Beautiful, Gorgeous work!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Kathy, oh my word, this is beyond words gorgeous! I love, love, love that box and all of those yummy looking cards....WOW!!! To bad it is not my Birthday ;D Hugs and blessings, Sabrina

    ReplyDelete
  14. Stunning set of cards and love the decorated box-reat die-cuts -love the papers and sentiments
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for blessing me with your sweet comments!