Be Joyful

Rejoice in the Lord always. Again I will say, rejoice! Let your gentleness be known to all men. The Lord is at hand. Be anxious for nothing, but in EVERYTHING by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the PEACE OF GOD, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:4-7

These are verses I memorized years ago and they are written on my heart. There are times when I still need to remember not to be anxious, but I eventually listen to my heart saying these verses. I didn't really understand what the "peace of God" was until I experienced it. It's having peace inside you, even when you're going through heartbreaking situations and trials. It does "surpass ALL understanding" and you know it comes from GOD alone. Praise the Lord for His wonderful promises!


I love, love, love what I do. I am passionate about the things I create and the talents God has placed in me. I SO appreciate the time you take to look at my things and the comments you all leave me!

Blessings to you!

Kathy

Wednesday, October 2, 2013

CottageCutz Dear Santa

Happy Wednesday everyone!

Today I have a card using the Homemade Christmas Gift Set!  This time I'm using the deer die cut for my main image...so cute!





Also from the set, I included one of the bows and "Dear Santa" die cuts using red cardstock and one of the setiment stamps.  On the top left corner, is a little piece of the Elegant Flurry Snowflake Die from the Winter Wonderland Release cut with white cardstock...what a stunning die this is!

Here's a little close up of the deer scene for you.


 


To make my card, I cut the deer die with white, green, grey, kraft, and red using little pieces/scraps.  The deer and wood post are made with kraft cardstock and shaded with Jumbo Java Ink.  I added the hooves with black cardstock and used a black marker for the eyes and spots.  The mailbox is grey cardstock shaded with black ink and a red flag.  The wreath is green and red cardstock dotted with a white gel pen.  The letter and snow are white cardstock shaded with Iced Blue Ink and a red stamp for the letter.

This cute little scene is popped on a blue Christmas designer paper piece that is stamped with the sentiment using black ink.  I glue this piece on a white mat embossed with a snowflake folder and popped it all on a red cardbase.  To finish the card, I added a bow and "Dear Santa" die cut both in red.

Here are the dies I used for this.










Card recipe:

CottageCutz Dies: Homemade Christmas Gift Set, Elegant Flurry Snowflake
Stamp: Homemade Christmas Gift Set
Paper: White, green, grey, kraft (Recollections), Ruby Slipper (Bazzills), Visions of Christmas (K&Co)
Ink: Onyx Black (VersaFine), Real Red (SU), Jumbo Java, Aegean Blue (VersaMagic), Ice Blue (ColorBox)
Accessories: Snowflake #8 Embossing Folder (Sizzix), adhesive pearls, white gel pen

I'm submitting this to the following challenges:

Word Art Wednesday Challenge #100 - Anything Goes

Thank you for stopping by!

Blessings!

Kathy
 

1 comment:

  1. such a cute scene, your shading and extra touches bring so much to this!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for blessing me with your sweet comments!