Be Joyful

Rejoice in the Lord always. Again I will say, rejoice! Let your gentleness be known to all men. The Lord is at hand. Be anxious for nothing, but in EVERYTHING by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the PEACE OF GOD, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:4-7

These are verses I memorized years ago and they are written on my heart. There are times when I still need to remember not to be anxious, but I eventually listen to my heart saying these verses. I didn't really understand what the "peace of God" was until I experienced it. It's having peace inside you, even when you're going through heartbreaking situations and trials. It does "surpass ALL understanding" and you know it comes from GOD alone. Praise the Lord for His wonderful promises!


I love, love, love what I do. I am passionate about the things I create and the talents God has placed in me. I SO appreciate the time you take to look at my things and the comments you all leave me!

Blessings to you!

Kathy

Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Merry Christmas - Heartfelt Creations


Happy Wednesday!

It's time for a little inspiration from Heartfelt Creations!  This week I have another Christmas card for you using the Festive Christmas Collection released last week!




For my card, I used this pretty poinsettia border image from the Festive Candlelight Set and colored it with pencils and mineral spirits.  The flower centers are dotted with Buttercup Liquid Pearls.  I then trimmed down the image and matted it with Cherry Cobbler card stock.  The background mat is one of the beautiful designer papers from the collection that I matted with white and then added it to a Cherry Cobbler card base.  The “Merry Christmas” ticket is also from the designer paper that I cut using the Luggage and Tags Die.

Make sure to visit the HC Blog to see all the beautiful creations by the designers this week!

I'm submitting this to the following challenges:

Word Art Wednesday #146 - Anything Goes.

Thank you for stopping by today!

Blessings!

Kathy


Merry Christmas

Heartfelt Creations Products and Products Carried by HC:

HCPC 3623 - Festive Candlelight PreCut Set
HCD 745 - Luggage & Tags Die
HCDP1 245 - Festive Christmas Paper Collection
452255 - Grand Calibur
368770 - Scor-Pal
DDOTS - Double Dots

Other Products:

Paper: Solar White (Neenah), White (Recollections), Cherry Cobbler (SU)
Ink: Onyx Black (VersaFine), Green With Envy (PowderPuffs - Quick Quotes)
Accessories: Bow-Easy, White Seam Binding (Really Reasonable Ribbon), brads (Recollections), red ribbon (Michaels), Buttercup Liquid Pearls (Ranger), glue dots, cutters, mineral spirits, Prismacolor Pencils: Sand, Goldenrod, Prussian Green, Dark Green, Black, Mahogany Red, Black Raspberry.

Instructions: Make 4 1/4" x 5 1/2" card base with Cherry Cobbler. Cut white mat measuring 4 1/16" x 5 5/16". Cut green script designer paper (6" x 6" block) down to 3 7/8" x 5 1/8", ink edges with Green With Envy and glue to white mat. Wrap red ribbon across mats as pictured and secure in back. Glue mats to card base.

Stamp poinsettia border (Festive Candlelight Set) on Solar White with Onyx Black and color with pencils and mineral spirits. Trim image to 1 3/4" x 4 13/16". Cut Cherry Cobbler mat 1 15/16" x 5" and glue to back of image. Add image to base as shown using Double Dots. Add Buttercup Liquid Pearls to flower centers. Cut “Merry Christmas” ticket from designer paper using Luggage and Tags Die and ink edges with Green With Envy. Add as pictured using Double Dots. Make triple loop bow with Bow-Easy and White Seam Binding and add as pictured. Trim prongs from back of brads with cutters. Add larger brad to bow center and 2 smaller ones to top right of card.


7 comments:

  1. This is so classically elegant, Kathy! Love that bow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely stunning. So clean and elegant.

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the colouring very elegant card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So gorgeous. Love the poinsettia border and you colored it beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  5. hi Kathy, gorgeous Christmas card, love the beautifully coloured image, gorgeous papers and design.
    pam

    ReplyDelete
  6. The layout and colors, the bow, the stamping are all in such harmony. September is right around the corner which means the leaves will be turning here in North America. As beautiful as that is, your wonderful art is really a gift to so many. Thank you for posting with us at Word Art Wednesday.
    Happy hugs and sweet smiles from Carole
    God Bless you and you family,

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for blessing me with your sweet comments!