Be Joyful

Rejoice in the Lord always. Again I will say, rejoice! Let your gentleness be known to all men. The Lord is at hand. Be anxious for nothing, but in EVERYTHING by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the PEACE OF GOD, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:4-7

These are verses I memorized years ago and they are written on my heart. There are times when I still need to remember not to be anxious, but I eventually listen to my heart saying these verses. I didn't really understand what the "peace of God" was until I experienced it. It's having peace inside you, even when you're going through heartbreaking situations and trials. It does "surpass ALL understanding" and you know it comes from GOD alone. Praise the Lord for His wonderful promises!


I love, love, love what I do. I am passionate about the things I create and the talents God has placed in me. I SO appreciate the time you take to look at my things and the comments you all leave me!

Blessings to you!

Kathy

Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Peacock Swirls Step Card - Heartfelt Creations


Happy Wednesday!

It's time for a little Heartfelt Creations inspiration! Today I have a center step card using the Peacock Paisley Collection!




The main image is from the Peacock Swirls Set that I heat embossed with Aged Ivory Embossing Enamel on Natural White Cardstock and colored with chalk ink. I love this technique, so soft and elegant! I did the same with the Delightful Daisies flowers and leaves and the butterfly from the Butterfly Medley Set. The aqua mats for the 2 side and bottom front were done the same way without coloring. I also added dots of Bisque Liquid Pearls.

Here's a close up of the flowers for you.




It so disappointing when the camera doesn't capture the beauty of something I've created. This is much prettier in real life.

Be sure to visit the HC Blog to see all the beauties by the designers this week! Also, Emma Lou has a sneak peek of the new collection being released next week, Everyday Heroes Collection.

I'm submitting this to the following challenges:

Word Art Wednesday Challenge #177 - Anything Goes

Thanks for stopping by!

Blessings!

Kathy


Peacock Swirls Step Card

Heartfelt Creations Products and Products Carried by HC:

HCPC 3661 - Feathery Peacock Cling
HCPC 3660 - Peacock Swirls Cling
HCPC 3656 - Delightful Daisies Cling
HCPC 3650 - Butterfly Medley Cling
HCPC 3616 - Vines and Blooms Cling
HCD 760 - Delightful Daisy Die
HCD 759 - Butterfly Medley Die
368770 - Scor-Pal
Deluxe Flower Shaping Kit
159723 - Art Institute Glue - Dries Clear
Other Products:

Paper: Natural White (Neenah), White Linen (Recollections), aqua (DCWV Stack)
Ink: VersaMark, Oasis Green, Turquoise Gem, Night Sky, Thatched Straw, Tea Leaves (VersaMagic)
Accessories: Bisque Ivory Liquid Pearls, Aged Ivory Embossing Enamel (Stampendous), heat tool, sanding block, Bow-Easy Tool, make up applicators, Timeless Rectangles Die, Grand Calibur (Spellbinders), glue dots, 3M mounting tape, Aleene's Fast Grab Tacky Glue, fibers (my stash).

Instructions: Card measures 6" x 6 1/4". Use White Linen card stock and the Center Step Card Tutorial found here ( http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/resources/tutorials/centerstepcard/ ) using the following adjusted measurements: start with 6" x 12" piece of White Linen, on short side cut 1" in on each side from 1" to 7", score along each long side at 1", 2", and 7", score between cut lines at 6".

Cut mats with aqua card stock as follows: (1) 7/8" x 5 7/8", (2) 7/8" x 4 3/4", (1) 3 7/8" x 5". Using VersaMark Ink and heat embossing with Aged Ivory Embossing Enamel (from underneath), do the following: daisy vine (Vines and Blooms Set) on the 7/8" x 5 7/8" piece, peacock feather (Feathery Peacock Set) on the two 7/8" x 4 3/4" (as pictured). Sand edges of all four aqua pieces with sanding block and glue to card base.

With Natural White card stock die cut Timeless Rectangles largest die. Stamp peacock image (Peacock Swirls Set) with VersaMark Ink and heat emboss with Aged Ivory Embossing Enamel, color with chalk inks and add to card base with mounting tape. On Natural White with Versamark Ink, stamp flowers, one large leaf, 2 small leaves (Delightful Daisies Set), butterflies (Butterfly Medley Set) and heat emboss with Aged Ivory Embossing Enamel (from underneath). Color 4 of the flowers, the leaves and one small butterfly using chalk inks. Die cut pieces with matching dies and shape with flower shaping kit. Add leaves and 3 of the flowers to image as pictured gluing in place with Art Institute Glue (AIG). Add butterfly as pictured gluing (body only) with AIG. Add Minnie Pearl Prills to flower centers and butterfly body using AIG. Make multi-loop fiber bow with Bow-Easy Tool and add as pictured using glue dots. Add remaining flower to bow center with Fast Grab Tacky Glue. Add Bisque Liquid Pearls to flower centers on images, butterfly antennae, trailing from butterfly or as desired.

19 comments:

  1. Hi Kathy, I am lov'n the softness of this card.....you seem to do this every time so well.... Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. This card is absolutely beautiful. Its colors are subtle with the aged embossing enamel making it all so "airy." I love it. I would love to see more pics of it opened up and the little box like front. I don't think we are seeing it as it really is in person. You did an outstanding job with this creation!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! I love the colour of this! Hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is absolutely stunning. Love the color. Simply beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely, those flowers are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card Kathy! Your colors are so soft and pretty and the aged ivory embossing is beautiful :) Happy Easter

    ReplyDelete
  7. This card is breathtaking Kathleen! I love every single inch of it. It's truly a work of art! Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  8. that peacock is stunning and your flowers are amazing Kathy.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Kathy, what a stunning stepper card design, my favorite colours, beautiful stamped peacock with lovely shading, beautiful flowers.
    Hugs Pam

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow Kathy, this is SO gorgeous, absolutely breathtaking! I love the softness and then the sparkle of the liquid pearls. If I received a card like this I think I would put it out for display!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, what a gorgeous step card. I love the soft colors. If it looks any better in person, I can only imagine how gorgeous it must really be. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow....those daisies....show stoppers!!! I love everything about this card. The embossing is so elegant and the color palette is wonderful. Another work of art! Wishing you a blessed Easter! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is such a Wow Card!! The color is gorgeous, the design and layout are really beautiful! I'm especially intrigued by the Bisque Pearl dots you added, amazing how that detail adds so much elegance! I love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is a gorgeous gorgeous card! I love the softness of colors and the embossing! Beautifully done!
    Hugs,
    Tracey

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh my goodness, Kathy! This is STUNNING. I am once again blown away by your lovely art. What a blessing, and I'm SO very grateful to have you share your talents with us. It just NEVER gets old because everything you make is so amazing. Thanks for stopping by to share with us. It means SO much.
    Karen
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  16. Stunning! Really like the soft colors!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh Wow...one this card with the peacock...what a BEAUTY...and if you made those flowers...wow on that too...those centers are just stunning....and how do you do it?

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thank you Kathy for sharing your design. This card is awesome. What size envelope would you use do your flowers don't get squished?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Bernadette, for this type of card you would need to make a 'card box envelope'. If you do a google search for this, there are a bunch of different tutorials using a scor-board or envelope punch board. Glad you like it! Kathy

      Delete

Thank you for blessing me with your sweet comments!