Be Joyful

Rejoice in the Lord always. Again I will say, rejoice! Let your gentleness be known to all men. The Lord is at hand. Be anxious for nothing, but in EVERYTHING by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the PEACE OF GOD, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:4-7

These are verses I memorized years ago and they are written on my heart. There are times when I still need to remember not to be anxious, but I eventually listen to my heart saying these verses. I didn't really understand what the "peace of God" was until I experienced it. It's having peace inside you, even when you're going through heartbreaking situations and trials. It does "surpass ALL understanding" and you know it comes from GOD alone. Praise the Lord for His wonderful promises!


I love, love, love what I do. I am passionate about the things I create and the talents God has placed in me. I SO appreciate the time you take to look at my things and the comments you all leave me!

Blessings to you!

Kathy

Wednesday, August 3, 2016

Birthday Owl Swinging


Happy Wednesday!

It's time for a little inspiration with Heartfelt Creations!

This week I decided to use the Sugar Hollow Collection from a couple of months ago. I love these cute little owls!




The owl, swing and tree are all from the same set, Sugar Hollow Hangout. They all have matching dies to go with them which makes it fun piecing them together! I colored all the images with pencils and mineral spirits and used chalks for the owl belly and eyes.

The flowers are the Berry Blossoms from the Berry Cafe Collection. These also have a matching die so they are easy to cut out and shape. Not sure how realistic the flowers are with the tree, but I liked they way they looked together:)

The birthday sentiment is from the Sunrise Lily Flute Set. Three collections all in one card!

Here is a picture of the inside of the card. I used the little floral corner from the Berry Blossoms Set for this.




Be sure to visit the Heartfelt Creations' Blog to see all the beautiful creations by the designers this week!

I'm submitting this to the following Challenge:

Word Art Wednesday Challenge #242-243 - Anything Goes

Thanks so much for stopping by to visit!

Blessings!

Kathy


Birthday Owl Swinging

Heartfelt Creations Products and Products Carried by HC:

HCPC 3714 - Sugar Hollow Hangout Cling
HCPC 3724 - Sunrise Lily Flute Cling
HCPC 3731 - Berry Blossoms Cling
HCD1-784 - Sugar Hollow Hangout Die
HCD1-793 - Berry Blossoms Die
368770 - Scor-Pal
Deluxe Flower Shaping Kit
159723 - Art Institute Glue - Dries Clear
Other products: Papers: Neenah Solar White, Recollections White, Coordinations Harborside; Ink: VersaFine Onyx Black; Accessories: Scotch Mounting Tape, Shimmers Chalks yellow and aqua, mineral spirits, paper stumps, Prismacolor Pencils: Olive Green, Black, French Greys 30, 50, 70, 90%, Espresso, Ginger Root, Light Umber, Warm Greys 20, 70, 90%, Deco Aqua, Light Aqua

Instructions: Card measures 4 1/4" x 5 1/2". Cut Harborside 4 1/4" x 11", score at 5 1/2" and fold crease to make top-fold card base. Cut white mat 4 1/16" x 5 5/16", stamp sentiment on bottom right and add to card base with SMT.

On Solar White with Onyx Black stamp owl, tree, swing and flowers. Color all with pencils and mineral spirits using paper stumps. Die cut all with matching dies. Shape flowers with Deluxe Flower Shaping Kit. Glue tree and flowers as shown. Glue owl to swing and add as pictured using SMT and glue top of rope under leaves of tree. Add Lemon Chiffon Prills to flower centers using AIG. Add yellow and aqua Shimmer Chalk to owl belly and around eyes.

For inside of card, cut white 4 1/6" x 5 5/16". Stamp flower corner on top left corner and glue this to inside of card. Stamp image again on Solar White with Onyx Black, color flowers and leaves with pencils and mineral spirits and then fussy cut the colored image. Add this piece over image on mat with SMT. Add Lemon Chiffon Prills to flower centers.

8 comments:

  1. Your card is amazing! Love the cute image and your coloring is perfection!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hello kathy! wow, this is stunning...I luv the flower! I am giving away a simon says stamp gift certificate, stop by my blog and comment for your chance at winning!

    blog-paperie blooms
    ig-2klines

    sparkle & shine, kindness *~*

    ReplyDelete
  3. This card is totally GORGEOUS - hope I can find these in OZ! thanks for inspiring Kathy x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, nice to see our old friend the owl again....such a cute card. Inky hugs

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness this is just adorable, LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super cute! I love the owl collection!
    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kathy, I love the colors and dimension of your card. It's stunning! Thank you so much for sharing it with us at Word Art Wednesday!
    Blessings,
    Misty D.
    WAW DT

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for blessing me with your sweet comments!