Be Joyful

Rejoice in the Lord always. Again I will say, rejoice! Let your gentleness be known to all men. The Lord is at hand. Be anxious for nothing, but in EVERYTHING by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the PEACE OF GOD, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:4-7

These are verses I memorized years ago and they are written on my heart. There are times when I still need to remember not to be anxious, but I eventually listen to my heart saying these verses. I didn't really understand what the "peace of God" was until I experienced it. It's having peace inside you, even when you're going through heartbreaking situations and trials. It does "surpass ALL understanding" and you know it comes from GOD alone. Praise the Lord for His wonderful promises!


I love, love, love what I do. I am passionate about the things I create and the talents God has placed in me. I SO appreciate the time you take to look at my things and the comments you all leave me!

Blessings to you!

Kathy

Wednesday, February 1, 2017

I Love You a Latte


Happy Wednesday!

This week I decided to make a card for Valentine's Day using one of the older sets from the Coffee Talk Collection.





The cup and spoon are stamped with black ink and embossed with clear powder. The "I Love You a Latte" sentiment in the swirl is heat embossed with Red powder. All three pieces have matching dies so you can place them wherever you want and "pop" them for dimension.

I colored the flowers on the cup using Stampin Up markers and a Blender Pen.

Be sure to visit the Heartfelt Creations' Blog to see all the beautiful creations by the designers this week!

I'm submitting this to the following challenges:

Word Art Wednesday #268-269 - Anything Goes
Really Reasonable Ribbon #156 - Red and/or Pink and Ribbon or Trim
Crafty Carmakers #181 - Love, Love, Love

Thanks so much for stopping by to visit!

Blessings!

Kathy


I Love You A Latte

Heartfelt Creations Products and Products Carried by HC:

HCPC 3709 - Coffee Talk Stamp Set
HCPC 3354 - Classic Message Stamp Set
HCD1 782 - Coffee Talk Die
368770 - Scor-Pal
159723 - Designer Dries Clear
Other Products: Papers: Neenah Solar White, Real Red (Stampin Up), black (Recollections); Inks: VersaFine Onyx Black, VersaMark; Accessories: Stampin Up Markers: Pink Pirouette, Pretty In Pink, Real Red, Blender Pen, red pearl thread, Black Twill, Red Gingham Ribbon, Bow-Easy Tool (Really Reasonable Ribbon), Perfect Polka Dot Embossing Folder (Stampin Up), rhinestones, button, heat tool, Red Embossing Powder (Inkadinkado), Detailed Clear Embossing Powder (Stampendous), Scotch Mounting Tape, glue dots, Aleene's Paper Glaze

Instructions: Card measures 4 1/4" x 5 1/2". Cut black cardstock 8 1/2" x 5 1/2", score at 4 1/4" and fold to make card base. Cut Real Red 4 1/16" x 5 5/16" and add to base with Scotch Mounting Tape. Cut Solar White 3 7/8" x 5 1/8", emboss all except the bottom 1 1/4" and stamp sentiment on bottom with Onyx Black Ink. Add Black Twill as shown and adhere to back, then glue to Real Red mat.

Stamp cup and spoon with Onyx Black on Solar White and heat emboss with Detail Clear Powder. Stamp "I Love You a Latte" sentiment on Solar White with VersaMark and heat emboss with Red Powder. Cut each with their matching dies. Color the flowers on the cup with markers using the Blender Pen and a clear acrylic block. Add cup and sentiment as pictured using glue and Scotch Mounting Tape. Add spoon using glue dots and Scotch Mounting Tape.

Make 3-loop bow with Red Gingham Ribbon and Bow-Easy Tool. Add over spoon with glue dots. Thread button with red pearl thread and add over knot on bow with glue dots. Add rhinestones to flower centers on cup and top right corner of card using Aleene's Paper Glaze.

10 comments:

  1. This is GORGEOUS, Kathy. That little spoon with the ribbon tied around it is absolutely precious. Thanks so much for sharing your wonderful art with us.
    Karen
    Really Reasonable Ribbon

    ReplyDelete
  2. A gorgeous Valentine's day card, Kathy! Love that ribbon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a perfectly charming card!!! I love the cup, the steam heart and the darling spoon! Wonderfully orchestrated!!! Thanks so much for sharing it with us over at the RRR Blog for our Red/Pink challenge! Great work!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Kathy

    You have designed and entered a gorgeous card for our challenge at 'Crafty Cardmakers'

    I really like the spoon element you've added too and thank you for joining our challenge

    June
    http://poppyfieldcardcrafts.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. A great valentines card. Thank you for joining our love challenge at Crafty Cardmakers.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  6. ...it's still a winner. Love the red used...refreshing! Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely card. That little spoon is so cute tucked in behind the gorgeous bow.

    Thank you so much for joining in with my Love, Love, Love challenge this time.

    Lin
    Crafty Cardmakers

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous card, beautifully designed. Thanks for playing along with Crafty Cardmakers

    ReplyDelete
  9. A great Valentines card. I love the fun coffee cup and sentiment and the spoon and bow are great embellishments. Thanks for sharing with us at Crafty Cardmakers. Sally.x.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for blessing me with your sweet comments!